- Prevent a crash when loading an invalid state file.
- Maintain timing information on the EDIT page when dragging new chords.
- Fix the user chord sets list refresh using the custom user location.
- Filter SysEx messages from ScalerControl on M1
- Handle bind velocity based on default or custom chord velocity
- Prevent a crash with the next user set selector when the folder is empty
- Fixed a crash when sending too many change scale commands to multiple instances simultaneously
- Fixed an issue causing the auto-play to jump to the scale playback when browsing chord sets
- Edit chord velocities now uses the user input instead of the default velocity.
- Prevent hung notes when using multi-voice-output with triggered note on MIDI FX.
- Improve Next/Previous navigation in User chord sets when using Auto-Play.
- Added the ability to Auto-Play while in detect screen.
- Fix Avant-Garde 5 phrase for major chords.
- Improve Daw-Sync playback
- Fix calculation issue causing notes with 0 duration in played MIDI
- Added Live Sync ability to keep the Progression Builder (Section C) synchronised across other Scaler instances in real time
- Added new modes for Parallel Harmony to generate progressions by thirds, fourths, and fifths
- Added Auto Play in the browser (Section A) to enable quick preview of chord sets
- Added Multi Voice Output (Multi Midi Out) option to split each note of chords onto separate channels
- Added Global UI Velocity controls to change the strength of MIDI notes played through the interface
- Added the ability to consolidate chords from multiple patterns into a single chord set file
- Scale Based Sequences
- 80s, Classical, HipHop & LoFi Chord Sets
- Fixed Bass Chord Sets (Triad and Extended)
- Divisi 4 Part Chord Sets (Intended to work with Multi Midi Out)
- Avant-Garde Phrases
- Avant-Garde Performances
- Internal Orchestral Bass Instrument
- Internal LoFi Instrument
- Made undo/redo buttons always visible in Section C
- Cleared Undo/Redo history when clearing state or when importing a state file
- Fixed Daw-Sync timing causing playback to start early in Cubase
- Fixed Play-Quantize offset calculation
- Functionality to remember the last selected scale on circle of fifths in the Voicing Editor
Content & Playback
- Added new Trap Bass sound
- Added new Trap & Punk chord sets
- Added new multi-stroke strum patterns
- Added more guitar chord charts positions
- Added 'Minimise Movement' option in the suggest chords popup
- Fixed an issue showing an incorrect number of chord/notes detected
- DAW-Sync setting now properly synchronises to other instances
- Show Bass/Inversion setting now updates the chord names properly
- Fixed an issue when dragging and dropping chords onto themselves
- Prevented the Welcome Screen from reappearing when changing some settings
- Added an option to remove duplicate chords in detect panel
- Improved handling of unison chords & single notes in detect panel
- Added a placeholder for unknown chord chart positions
- Prevented save function from overriding files
Content & Playback
- 4 New Sounds (Steel Acoustic, Electric Guitar, Retro Electric, Vintage Keys).
- New Expression Mode: Strummed Sequences with 30 strumming patterns and variations.
- 20 Synth Sequences.
- New Chord Sets (Pop Rock, Contemporary RnB, Pop Ballads, Deep House).
- New Suggest mode.
- Generate chords compatible with your progression. Follow Tonal or Scale relationships to build complex patterns.
- Generate random progressions and get inspired quickly.
- New Guitar Features.
- Chord Charts: Displays a guitar chord diagram for any chord in your Section C.
- Fretboard Views: New “Scale Degree” and “Scale Interval” views to explore the neck of your instrument.
- 5 New guitar-focused Voice Grouping profiles.
- Added differentiator for ScalerAudio and ScalerControl.
- Clear state now correctly deletes timing information from the edit matrix.
- Improved Command Mapping state recall.
- Improved Internal Audio Engine.
Content & Playback
- New Common Phrases (Basic, Chordal & Progression).
- New Basic Performances.
- Improve timing precision - Fix timing offset in recorded performance, prevent short notes from being added to recorded MIDI at looping points, and prevent hung notes.
- Added the ability to Quantise and Latch chords with Perform mode OFF.
- Fixed “Chord + Melody” playback to avoid creating overlapping MIDI notes.
- Added the ability to manually select the MIDI CC to map from a dropdown when creating an action.
- Added the ability to map "MIDI Panic" to a command binding.
- Added the ability to bind dropdown menus' "Previous" / "Next" command to a MIDI CC.
- Added new assignable commands for key-switch actions (toggle chord/scale mode, toggle chord mute, switch melody patterns).
- Added the ability to disable key switch (green keys) from the side menu.
- Added the ability to override an existing command mapping.
- Fixed - Extracted Voicing - Avoid creating an extra gap in octave when re-voicing extended chords
- Include inversions when exporting MIDI markers (slash chords)
- Fixed multi-selection not applying changes when modifying multiple chords in EDIT matrix
- Keys-Lock - “Scale Notes Mapped” profile now prioritize the natural position of each mapped note correctly.
- Forcing a chord set into a scale now refreshes the chord colours and Section B properly.
- Multi-selections of chords are now moved properly when dragged from a Section C pattern into an empty pattern.
- Fixed an issue causing the Keys-Lock settings to be lost when entering/exiting the Chord-Edit view.
- Dragging a single chord with an expression ON now exports the duration of a single chord instead of the duration of the whole pattern.
- Fixed a bug in the generation of modulation pathways creating duplicate suggestions in Modulation Popup.
- Fixed an issue preventing the transposition of "Community" chord sets.
- Fixed an issue causing the "..." button to appear in the wrong location.
- The "MOD" button in the Quick-Navigation menu is now disabled when using an unsupported scale.
- New “Common Progressions” Chord Sets.
- New Performances, Bass & Sequences.
- New genre Chord Sets: EDM & Metal.
- 2 new Pluck Sounds.
- Progression - Added 'Maintain Voicing' option to adapt the suggested chords to your progression’s voicing.
- Neo-Riemannian - Added 'Minimise Movement' option.
- Mediants - Added “Group Voicing” option to prevent jumps in the octave between distant chords.
- Added new mappable commands to control Scaler with MIDI CC or keyboard shortcut.
- Added the ability to bind chords to “All” keys instead of “Only White” keys.
- Added the ability to start the “Bind” area from any note of the keyboard.
- Added the ability to switch between OCT/ST steps when defining the “Bind” area from the side menu.
- Added new binding mode “True Scale” to map chords on notes belonging to the selected scale.
- Improved pitch naming to allow only one pitch class per scale.
- Pentatonic scales can now use scale voicings in Section B.
- Improved pentatonic scale navigation (recall the last open panel).
- Circle of Fifths can now preview chords with a click.
- Circle of Fifths can now switch between natural, sharp, and flat naming.
- Prevented a crash when using the arpeggio on older macOS versions.
- Prevented hung notes when using the Windows Audio Driver.
- Prevented hung notes when performing melodies with the “Chord+Melody" profile.
- Prevented a rare crash when reloading sessions with multiple instances of Scaler.
- Improved stability on M1 systems.
- Added new Riffs to Melody mode.
- New 70’s Funk & Soul chord sets.
- Prevented notes from hanging when triggered by multiple sources at once.
- Prevented overlapping notes from hanging in performance/phrases/rhythms/melody/bass modes.
- Fixed hung notes due to the key switch not resetting properly after being pressed.
- Fixed a playback issue when using alt-click to preview chords.
- Keys-Lock: Improve chord extension handling of altered chords.
- “Undo/Redo” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
- "Import/Export State” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
- EDIT panel: labels now refresh properly when changing chord parameters.
- Added bigger “Bind” buttons on all screens.
- Fixed highlight of chords in Pad-View when using multi-pattern selection.
- Added the ability to search by style in the Scales panel.
- Audio detection from a file can now be run multiple times in a row.
- Sync between instances now maintains multi-selection of patterns.
- Prevented a crash when changing parameters on a chord in the EDIT Panel after removing/reordering patterns.
- Prevented unexpected behaviours caused by the UI Keyboard creating notes with no velocity.
- Fixed a calculation error creating notes with a velocity higher than the maximum allowed.
- The installer will now automatically move the sound library when using a custom location.
- Improved stability of the audio detection for sample rates up to 96KHz.
- Prevent a crash when resetting the playback.
- Prevent a crash when changing a chord voicing after deleting the parent pattern.
- Prevent a crash when removing Scaler from a track during playback.
- Fixed a voicing calculation error when extracting/applying a voicing to a chord.
- “Right-Click > Detect” now refreshes the panel properly every time.
- Generate bass lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
- More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban).
- 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass).
- Generate melody lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
- More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
- New key switch for live-switching between melody parts.
- New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.
- Quantize and Swing - Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.
- Enhanced Progression Editing.
- Ability to create groups of chords
- Ability to customise all playback parameters per group.
- Quick Navigation - Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
- Updated the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
- Increased the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
- Added notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode is active.
- Reduced playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
- Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
- Prevented a crash when loading user chord sets.
- Prevented a crash when using Keys-Lock.
- Prevented a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
- Added 16 beats chord duration.
- Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
- Prevent notes from being cut off when using Keys-Lock - Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
- Prevent the fretboard view from triggering key switches.
- Overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed an issue in the audio detection engine creating instability on the Windows platform and preventing mouse clicks from working correctly in some hosts.
- Fixed a problem causing the chord notes to be held when triggered from Section C.
- Fixed the playthrough of linked patterns; chords now play on the first trigger after switching patterns.
- Rest chords now play properly with the UI closed.
- Fixed notes being cut off on chord change when using Keys-Lock - Scale White Keys.
- Fixed the triads button position in the Modulation panels.
- Fixed a problem when cycling through the phrases list using the arrow keys.
- Fixed an issue causing Scaler to become unresponsive and stop processing MIDI.
- Improved the accuracy of the event scheduler.
- Fixed jitter in the MIDI output when using a large block size.
- Improved the arpeggiator to respond to tempo changes correctly.
- Prevent a crash when clearing the state.
- Duplicating multiple chords now copies all playback parameters.
- The greyed-out expressions in the Edit Playback view are now accessible.
- Maintain playback performances when editing a chord voicing.
- Added the ability to duplicate multiple chords on the Pad View.
- Phrases now follow keyboard velocities like Performances and Rhythms.
- Added the ability to transform chords on click in the Neo-Riemannian modulation panel.
- The transformed chord in the Neo-Riemmanian modulation panel can be selected with the lasso.
- Clicking on an open drop-down menu handle now closes it properly.
- Show Bass/Inversion is now correctly remembered when set as default.
- Added the ability to DAW-Sync a single pattern inside the Pad View.
- Display loading indicators and instance number in the Sync Popup.
- Added a notification when syncing multiple instances successfully.
- Keys-Lock is now refreshed correctly on scale sync.
- New Chord Editor.
- Control individual notes and velocities in each chord.
- Use the circle of fifths to easily create chord progressions.
- Search for any chord in Scaler.
- More than 100 new expressions in triplet feel and across several time signatures.
- Added bass/inversion display in chord names.
- Improved accuracy of detection.
- Reduce the number of duplicate chords in results.
- Filter-out unlikely chord types to reduce noise.
- Added the ability to detect from a file in the source dropdown.
- New Modulation Preset - Neo-Riemannian.
- Create harmonic transformations from any chord.
- Support custom sounds folder location.
- Support custom chord sets folder location.
- Multi-Select Pattern and Pattern Chaining improvements.
- Added the ability to apply extracted voicing to a multi-selection of chords.
- Ability to export chord names to MIDI markers when dragging to DAW.
- New Arpeggio Octave Range option.
- Added the ability to select the output MIDI channel.
- Keys-Lock - Chord Mute function now works properly when used with DAW-Sync.
- Ability to select and remove multiple notes with lasso-in Detect panel.
- Added the ability to synchronise the selected scale across instances.
- Fixed “Right-Click → Select All” in Pad View.
- Fixed erratic behaviour when deleting from a multi-selection in Pad View.
- Fixed bind to suggested pathways refreshes issue in Modulation.
- Fixed UI not redrawing correctly after Clear State.
- Fixed lowercase display for minor chords in Modulation panels.
- Fixed empty large clip when dragging from MIDI Capture.
- Other fixes and overall stability improvements.
- Improved lasso selection, patterns can now be multi-selected and chained with ease.
- Improved visual feedback on the keyboard when binding a multi-selection of patterns with empty chords.
- Improved user chord set loading to support renaming & moving session files.
- Added new option to play-quantised to chord duration or on next beat.
- Chord Edit panel now suggests chords at the same octave as the currently edited chord.
- Accessing the Pad View does not stop playback anymore.
- Added the ability to Play/Loop progression from Pad View.
- Added the ability to navigate back to Edit View from the Pad View.
- Improved live expressions behaviour, avoid re-trigger when releasing a note while other keys are being held.
- Fixed an issue causing the import/export state to break when overriding an existing session file.
- Fixed a display issue when reloading the Chord Edit view from a saved state.
- Fixed an issue causing octave jumps when using scale voicings.
- Fixed modulation suggestions to prevent octave jumps between distant scales.
- Fixed an issue when reordering chords causing them to shift to a wrong position.
- Improve overall stability and performances.
- Fixed an issue causing Scaler to start its playback too early when using DAW sync.
- Fixed a resizing issue causing Scaler to display at a wrong position on launch.
- Prevent Scaler from hanging during start-up/validation.
- Prevent bound chords from being stopped when adding arpeggiated notes.
- Add a notification when dropping an unsupported file onto Scaler.
- Fixed display issue in performance names with accent when using Poppins font.
- Updating the arpeggio timing from the side menu now updates properly the live settings panel.
- Prevent a display issue when recalling a saved state with multiple panels open.
- Fixed an issue causing hung notes when using playback and a MIDI Controller.
- Prevent Scaler from hanging when reloading a saved project in Cakewalk - Windows.
- Editing a chord voicing does not reset its custom playback settings anymore.
- Added the ability to Enable/Disable blinking effects.
- All font sizes have been slightly increased.
- Added the ability to select between 3 font sizes (Small, Default, Large).
- Shift-Click on a chord from your progression now opens the Chord Editor.
- Further timing calculation improvement: Scaler 2 is now more accurate and consistent across the different trigger/capture modes: Live triggers, Section Playback, MIDI Capture and MIDI Output.
- Prevent hung notes when dragging chords outside of Scaler in some DAW.
- Prevent hung notes when holding a key not yet bound then activating bind.
- Fixed an issue causing dropped notes when arpeggiating chords with voicing profiles applied.
- Prevent the Settings menu from appearing behind other UI elements.
- Fretboard notes can now be used to create/edit chords.
- Fixed a timing calculation causing Scaler internal tempo to drift.
- Fixed a timing calculation causing Scaler to drift from DAW tempo when using DAW Sync.
- Improve latch and quantise behaviour.
- Prevent crash when voice-grouping chords with non-academic voicings.
- Improve compatibility for users without OpenGL support.
- Prevent crash of 'ScalerAudio 2' in Cubase.
- Fixed crash/hang when using the “Explore common scale” function.
- Side Menu now reopens automatically after closing the UI or changing font.
- Fixed multiple focus issue causing Scaler to steal keystrokes destined to the DAW.
- Windows installer now displays version number on install.
- Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Detroit).
- Fixed crash in MIDI detection with single notes.
- Fixed a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Housey).
- Audio detection now uses the sample rate of the dropped file every time and switch back automatically to the DAW sample rate for the live detection to continue.
- Multi-select changes can now be reverted in one single undo action.
- Fixed timing of the registration popup in demo mode.
- Fixed (rare) crash when swapping between multiple instances.
- Added FREQ and Bro Beatz chord sets.
- Initial release.